onsdag, januar 17, 2007

Back after a short break

Ok, so it's been a while... Blogging tend to be less of a priority in times of stress.

In my absence, I've made little purse-thingies for my friends for christmas, those that are great for putting all the little bits and pieces in, those that get lost in a big handbag. I was told that they all liked it, so that went well, I suppose... Unfortunately, in the rush before christmas, I forgot to take pictures of them, so until I make another one for myself, I cannot show them.

I have made a lot of scarfes and shawls, and crocheted hats for my brothers. Those were a great success - plain beanies with stripes are apparently great for all boys. My mother got no less than three shawls for christmas: one bought and two handmade.

One of my friends made a velvet backgammon board for me, to roll up and take with you, and another made me a little bag thingy for my (now famous) iPod nano. She used a child's sweater with a lovely pattern of teddy bear skulls, it was really funny. And the thirs of my crafty friends gave me a hand-knitted scarf which was lovely. I love scarves :)

I recieved heaps of other great things for christmas, finally got a permanent job (as opposed to temporary) along with a small raise, and have been on my first date ever. That was not a success, but at least it was mutually agreed that it was NOT a match.

What else? I am in the process of making a crocheted vest from one of Sys Fredens' patterns - I will hopefully be done by next week. It's really cute, and I'm making it in brown mohair. I will post a picture, i promise...

A local yarn store had a closing sale some time before christmas, and I went totally berserk. I now have yarn for a very long time. And I discovered an addiction to mohair. How impractical! It's difficult to frog, it leaves hair everywhere, and it is slightly too warm. Ah well. It is lovely...

I've also made a spiral scarf from the pattern at Garnstudio, but I'm not sure if I'll use it. It was fun and fast to make, though.

Some things to check out:

I really want to try to make this
and this is so lovely!
This is quite possibly one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen (I can't even look at the price tag)

Ingen kommentarer: