onsdag, september 19, 2007

Search for a cardi

Over the last few days autums has arrived - as always, unexpectedly. And I start longing for warm, knitted clothes. I am not a fast knitter (I hope to finish my alpaca vest within the next month or so), and resigned myself to buy a knitted jacket. When the weather is warmer, I am addicted to zippered hoodies, but at the moment they are just not warm enough. Which is kind of strange, seeing as they are in constant use all through the winter. Maybe I just need time to adjust. But I digress :)

Anyways, I wanted a knitted jacket, preferably a hoodie, and I wanted it right away. But allthough all the shops are filled with knits, they are all acrylic or some other sort of synthetic mix. And I really hate synthetics. Comes from having a Rudolph Steiner upbringing and wearing raw wool next to the skin all through my childhood I guess.

So, there is nothing else for it: I'll have to knit one myself. But how on earth will I manage to make one before spring arrives? How do I make one that is quick to knit, but not too bulky, and still warm? I haven't been able to find anything I like at my trusty resource Garnstudio either. Well no, that is not actually true. I like this, and this, and this... but neither are really what I need. And since I am a slow knitter, I have to choose my projects carefully.

Ah well. Enough with the whining. Any tips, hints or suggestions are welcome, though :)

I am learning to knit with five little needles instead of a circular needle. And it's difficult! I can't seem to get into rhythm... But the result will be worth it! I am making Eva's hat (this is her picture):
Mine is nowhere near finished yet:

I am making this in army green pt3. Please note all the extra aids I need in order to do this: hairbands on every needle as well as a stitchmarker :) Hopefully, it will be easier as I get used to this method... The going is even slower than usual.

3 kommentarer:

Eva sa...

Helt iorden :)
Så kjempefin farge du strikker med! Gleder meg til å se resultatet. Jeg bruker også hårstrikker når jeg strikker med 5 pinner :)

Anonym sa...

Ha ha, du er søt som bruker hårstrikker og i det hele tatt. Den ser veldig flott ut ferdig da! Gleder meg til å se. Vi fikk jo sett en smakebit på lørdag...

Brit-Elin sa...

lua di blir kjempefin! har strikket noen av de nå den siste uken jeg også :) den ene i pt2 og 2 i alpakka :) de er kjempegode å ha på! veldig fin blogg du har :) ha en fin onsdag!